Knife Tests.com
Knife Tests.com
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

The owner of this forum should login with the superadmin account in order to prevent this forum from being marked as abandoned

All Forums
 General Knife Talk
 What knives do you own ?
 My new Knives !!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Gman1128
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  22:41:35  Show Profile Send Gman1128 a Private Message
I recently decided to go knife-crazy and buy a couple of new knives and here they are.

I first bought a sage FFBM from the exchange on bladeforums.
I don't have a picture of the exact knife because he took it down
after I bought it, but it is new and looks just like one of these! He shipped it today so hopefully I can have it by Saturday!!

The other knife I bought was a swamp rat Ratmandu when I noticed that they were in the company store. I have always loved this knife. I have no idea when I will get it, but I can't wait!!!!

My parents loaned me several hundred dollars for these, and my brother really likes the ratmandu, so he payed for 1/2 of it in exchange for being able to use it whenever he wants. The FBM was paid for only by me. It seems like I will never be out of debt

Do you guys have any ideas for sheaths or sheath makers? I would really like a piggyback sheath, but still be able to detach the RMD and carry it alone. Any help would be great.
Man, I just can't wait until they get here!!

Edited by - Gman1128 on 04/24/2008 08:13:58

Noss

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  08:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Noss's Homepage Send Noss a Private Message
Cool man !! Your going to love them I'm sure.

eatingmuchface

456 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  14:25:50  Show Profile  Send eatingmuchface an AOL message Send eatingmuchface a Private Message
sharp has that exact combo!
a sage ffbm and a RMD.
AND he piggy backs them with a custom rainwalker sheath.
:D

You must be logged in to see this link.

that's the sheathmaker that did it for him... he's a great guy and a big busse customer.
sharps thread is on here somewhere to if you want to look.

nice score BTW, those are probably the best knives in their size.
Go to Top of Page

Tac45

Australia
106 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  18:29:30  Show Profile Send Tac45 a Private Message
Very nice. Would you believe that the BM's have been going for 800 bucks on Ebay! Seems you got a good deal.
Go to Top of Page

Gman1128
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  20:16:46  Show Profile Send Gman1128 a Private Message
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them.

Im still not sure about sheaths, Ive emailed like 5 different sheath makers, so I will just wait and see. As a cheaper alternative, do you guys think that the scrap yard dogfather sheath would fit? The knives have similar designs, I'm just worried that the ffbm will be too fat to fit inside! I am pretty sure the 6 inch sheath will fit the RMD, so this may be the route I go (until i can afford something nicer!)
You must be logged in to see this link.

Tac45: I think that i did get a good deal! That person certainly did not! That must be one happy seller!!

BTW my RMD shipped Thursday, I'm really excited now!
Go to Top of Page

Tac45

Australia
106 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  04:00:49  Show Profile Send Tac45 a Private Message
That Ebay seller has been buying them on ebay and adding sheaths that he makes. Swamp Rats, and Scrap Yards have been going for close to five hundred! Seems like that guy has got himself onto a good thing. Good Luck to him.

But you can look at it this way. Outside the US these things are hard to get. Scrap Yard's website says only existing Busse customers sold to. Blade forums sellers don't like international sales. So if you are not in the US, have the money, Ebay may be your only hope.

I wouldn't have a clue on the sheath fit.
Go to Top of Page

eatingmuchface

456 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  09:44:02  Show Profile  Send eatingmuchface an AOL message Send eatingmuchface a Private Message
idk if a dogfather sheath would fit man... maybe if you modded the liner or something.
until then, duct tape and cardboard works pretty well!
goodluck.
Go to Top of Page

Noss

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  17:41:17  Show Profile  Visit Noss's Homepage Send Noss a Private Message
I carry my CGFBM in an RTAK II sheath. I had to modify the liner some. I have a new kydex sheath coming in for it. I tried the FFBM in the RTAK II sheath when I had it and it would not fit. It was to thick. .310" I don't know about the Dog Father sheath since I don't have one.

Gman1128
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  21:05:27  Show Profile Send Gman1128 a Private Message
Well, I have both the knives now! Noss I see what you mean when you said how heavy the FFBM was. That is one serious piece of steel!! The only thing it has been used for was to open up the package that the RMD came in, but that will change as soon as I can go camping again!
Go to Top of Page

kurodrago
Starting Member

Japan
34 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  21:46:58  Show Profile Send kurodrago a Private Message
Gman1128,I don't know how much that thing costs but is worth every penny.

They raised a knife in the right hand an pointed towards heaven saying:I have started the truth!

Go to Top of Page

Tac45

Australia
106 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  04:13:48  Show Profile Send Tac45 a Private Message
Gman. How a pic of these beauties.
Go to Top of Page

Noss

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2008 :  06:45:29  Show Profile  Visit Noss's Homepage Send Noss a Private Message
Yeah they are heavy. They contain a lot of INFI. Need Photos, Photos, Photos. of these monsters.

Gman1128
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  08:45:04  Show Profile Send Gman1128 a Private Message
Here you go guys.

I will try to get some more photos when I get home from school this afternoon. If I can find some wood, I will do a comparison between the FBM and my trail master (I think you can guess the winner there)
Go to Top of Page

Tac45

Australia
106 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  09:13:21  Show Profile Send Tac45 a Private Message
Sweet!!!!!!! Good to see a guy with priorities. Home from school..straight to homework...that is finding wood to trash with new toy.
Go to Top of Page

Noss

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  15:38:50  Show Profile  Visit Noss's Homepage Send Noss a Private Message
Awesome man !! I love that blade, handle color combo. It's kind of the Arctic Busse FFBM. Nice. I look forward to some
more photos of it in action.

eatingmuchface

456 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  16:08:19  Show Profile  Send eatingmuchface an AOL message Send eatingmuchface a Private Message
thats my favorite color combo too.
awesome pics.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knife Tests.com © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2